Glenoaks Elementary has a proud history spanning 80 years. It has successfully served generations of families in our diverse neighborhoods by providing an educational environment that is both academically stimulating and culturally enriching. Glenoaks enjoys a reputation of strong student achievement, committed teachers and staff, a dedicated PTA and Foundation (GESF), and a support network of parent volunteers. Together, these advocates for student success form a cooperative effort that strives to keep Glenoaks one of the best schools in our District.
The Glenoaks Elementary School Foundation is a fine example of this cooperative network in motion. Formed 20 years ago from a grassroots group of parents and teachers who refused to let damaging budget cuts affect the integrity and quality of many of the programs here at Glenoaks, GESF today remains a strong and intregral part of our school community.
Leading the charge is an Executive Board consisting of up to 25 members, both parents and teachers, as well as the Principal. The Board is responsible for working with the staff to identify the areas where assistance is needed the most. Goals are established and fundraising plans implemented to help meet these needs.Over the years, GESF has funded:
- The relocation and renovation of our school's library
- A state-of-the-art Computer Lab with 40 new iMacs
- Computers & Technology in the Classroom
- State-of-the-art Teaching Tools including Smart Boards and Tablets
- The Glenoaks school website
- The Arts Attack Art curriculum for all grade levels
- Ceramics lessons for all all students
- Music Education classes for Kindergarten, 1st Gr and Special Needs students
- Glenoaks Plus After School Enrichment Classes
- Environmental Programs (Recycling Program and the Green Team)
- Grass & shade trees on our playgrounds
- Outdoor Amphitheatre (Big Backyard) with California Native Gardens
- Outdoor playground equipment
- Teacher support & Training
- Office equipment and support
- None of these programs and projects would have been possible without GESF and YOU!